New Bibs Made for Grandson #2

I haven’t really been sewing at all nor updating my blog.  So here is the latest from me!

I made bibs  for Grandson #2 first birthday January 22, 2016.  I actually started making the bibs in November of 2015 and finished them in January.   I found similar designs on the internet and used them to create my digitized designs. The bibs took so long to complete because my perfectionism gets in the way and I wanted the designs to be “perfect.”  I also had to learn a lot!

The bibs are made from “PUL” (Polyurethane) fabric which forms a waterproof barrier, while still being breathable. There are different qualities of PUL fabric. I backed the bibs with flannel fabric.

master-for-webThe “Master of the Universe” design was
extremely difficult to design and digitize. I had to learn many new techniques in order to make it stitch-out the way I desired.

 

 

♥     ♥     ♥    

The teddy bear bibs below were somewhat difficult to digitize because I had to learn the “pathing” technique.  A video on the website, “Stitcher’s Library” by Chris Tonne, was invaluable in the learning process.  Unfortunately, Chris has taken the site down while she is on sabbatical to decide if she wants to continue her teaching.

teddyfeedmebearclubweb

 

 

Continue reading

Advertisements