Update on Refashion Time

I spent Wednesday evening and most of this afternoon working on my refashion project.  As usual, something I thought would be so easy turned out to much harder than I thought it would be!

I had to cut the bodice which was shirred with elastic away from the skirt and lining.  The skirt was gathered where it had been attached. The skirt was lined with a thin gauze type fabric which was not gathered. I used iron on interfacing on the lining top edge to make it stiff and thick enough to sew on.

After I cut everything apart, I had to regather the skirt part and match it to the ungathered lining. I then sewed the lining and skirt together with a 1/2 inch seam allowance. I decided I didn’t like results so I serged the top edges of the two fabrics together and was very pleased how it turned out. It looked so much neater. I then had to rip out the seam I sewed.  Ripping stitches out of gauze is not fun!

Tomorrow I am going to sew the elastic casing. Perhaps I will be able to wear the skirt when we go out tomorrow night. Oh dear — I don’t have a top to go with it. I will have to add another thing to my list of things to sew.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s